This Week In Metal: Slayer, Machine Head, Mayhem Fest and more
- In what came as as a shock to metalheads everywhere, Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo was allegedly fired for questioning contractual matters. You can read the full statement on his Facebook page.
Slayer released a statement shortly afterward, confirming that John Dette from Testament will be replacing Lombardo on the upcoming Australian tour. It is unclear when or if Lombardo will be readmitted into the band.
- Another shocking lineup change. Machine Head bassist Adam Duce has left the band. Robb Flynn remains the sole original member. An official statement released on the band’s website describes the split as “amicable,” and they wish Duce the best in his future endeavors.
- Loudwire premiered Anthrax’s new cover of AC/DC’s “T.N.T.” Their covers album, “Anthems,” will be released March 19.
In other Anthrax news, former guitarist Rob Caggiano performed onstage with Volbeat for the first time.
(link from Blabbermouth.net)
- Ghost B.C. (formerly known as Ghost) released the music video for their single “Secular Haze”. They also released the album artwork for “Infestissumam,” which goes onsale April 19.
- A new TV commercial was unveiled to promote the 2013 Revolver Golden God Awards, which will take place May 2. The video features Chris Jericho, Zakk Wylde, Sebastian Bach and others. Metallica is headlining the show. You can vote for the award recipients here.
- Skid Row debuted a preview of their new single, “Kings of Demolition” and announced that they have signed a deal with Megaforce Records. Their new EP, “United World Rebellion – Chapter One,” will be released in North America April 16.
- Other bands that have released studio updates this week: Megadeth, Children of Bodom, Steel Panther, Deep Purple.
- The official Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival lineup for 2013 will be released on March 18. A rumored lineup includes Rob Zombie, Five Finger Death Punch, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom and Amon Amarth.
Thus concludes this week in metal.
February 23, 2013 | Categories: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Music, Music News, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal | Tags: ac/dc, adam duce, Anthrax, Children of Bodom, chris jericho, dave lombardo, Deep Purple, ghost, ghost b.c., jeff hanneman, john dette, kerry king, Lamb of God, machine head, Mayhem Fest, Megadeth, megaforce records, Metallica, revolver golden god awards, revolver magazine, Rob Caggiano, robb flynn, Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, sebastian bach, secular haze, skid row, Slayer, Steel Panther, t.n.t., Testament, tom araya, united world rebellion, Volbeat, Zakk Wylde | Leave a comment