This Week in Metal: NAMM, Ozzfest Japan, Whitesnake and More
This week in metal was a hard one to cover due to the excitement surrounding NAMM. So here are the highlights of this week:
- Ozzfest Japan 2013 will take place in May and feature Black Sabbath. Other bands include: Slipknot, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, Deftones, Tool, The Treatment, Dir En Grey and Steel Panther.
- Dave Mustaine revealed that Megadeth will embark on a short tour with Iron Maiden in Spain, Italy, and France. He said that Megadeth is nearly finished recording their fourteenth album, but did not reveal what record label they have signed with. Mustaine also gave some hints as to what bands will be on Gigantour 2013. He said they are “notorious bad boys”. Perhaps they will tour with Mötley Crüe once again?
- Dee Snider (Twisted Sister) was the subject of an all-star roast featuring Lita Ford, Zakk Wylde and Jim Norton.
- Ray Burton, father of deceased Metallica bassist Cliff Burton, signed autographs at the ARIA Guitars booth at NAMM.
- Drummer Tommy Aldridge rejoined Whitesnake.
- A preview of the new 3D Guns N’ Roses concert film is now available.
- L.A. Guns posted the first photo of their new lineup featuring guitarist Michael Grant (Endeverafter).
- A preview of the new Motörhead book “Roadkill” went online.
- Geoff Tate’s Queensryche revealed a new lineup.
- The Dillinger Escape Plan and Trapped Under Ice were added to New England Metal and Hardcore Fest.
- A Sepultura biography is due for release later this year.
- Roadrunner Records signed Kvelertak.
- Poison drummer Rikki Rockett will star in a new reality series called “American Drums”.
- Flotsam and Jetsam bassist Jason Ward will not be joining the band on their upcoming tour with Testament and Overkill due to family commitments.
- Drummer Lyle Cooper quits The Faceless.
- A rumored lineup of Mayhem Fest includes Rob Zombie, Amon Amarth, Deftones, and Children of Bodom. The official lineup will be released Mar.18.
Thus concludes TBOS’s “This Week In Metal”.
This entry was posted on January 27, 2013 by alecdamiano. It was filed under Glam Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Music, Music News, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal and was tagged with American Drums, Amon Amarth, ARIA guitars, Black Sabbath, Children of Bodom, Cliff Burton, Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson, Dean guitars, Dee Snider, Deftones, Dillinger Escape Plan, Dir En Grey, Endeverafter, Flotsam and Jetsam, Geezer Butler, Geoff Tate, Gigantour, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Jason Ward, Jim Norton, Kvelertak, L.A. Guns, Lita Ford, Lyle Cooper, Mayhem Fest, Megadeth, Metallica, Michael Grant, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Myles Kennedy, NAMM, New England Metal and Hardcore Fest, Overkill, Ozzfest, Ozzfest Japan, Ozzy Osbourne, Poison, Queensryche, Rikki Rockett, Roadkill, Roadrunner Records, Rob Zombie, Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, Schecter Guitars, Sepultura, Slash, Slipknot, Steel Panther, Testament, The Conspirators, The Faceless, The Treatment, Tool, Trapped Under Ice, Twisted Sister, Whitesnake, Zakk Wylde.