Mötley Crüe’s MICK MARS Attacked Onstage
Mötley Crüe guitarist Mick Mars was knocked over by a fan who jumped onstage during the band’s concert in Canada last night.
Mars suffers from a rare condition called ankylosing spondylitis, which fuses his bones together. Though the disease usually stops spreading when a person is in their 30s, Mars has a rare form of the disease where it continues spreading up his back into his brainstem.
Poor Mick. This was on his birthday too.
May 5, 2013 | Categories: Glam Metal, Hard Rock, Music, Music News | Tags: ankylosing spondylitis, Mick mars, Motley Crue, Nikki Sixx, tommy lee, Vince Neil | 1 Comment
DORO, SISTER SIN and More Live in Tempe, Ariz.
Last month, TBOS had the honor of interviewing the Metal Queen, Doro Pesch. The interview was transcribed in four parts, and the audio was featured on Blabbermouth.net.
Saturday, we had the pleasure of seeing and hearing Doro do what she does best–making people headbang till their necks turn sore!
Tempe’s Rocky Point Cantina held an epic mini metal-fest Saturday night, with a total of six bands performing.
Local Phoenix bands Unconscious Minds, Hands of a Traitor, Epyon and NightSphere primed the audience for Sister Sin and DORO.
First up were classic/thrash metal outfit, Unconscious Minds. They made Pantera fans proud with their soaring vocals and melodic bass lines.
Next were metalcore group Hands of a Traitor. They were definitely the youngest out of all the local bands, and they had a dedicated fanbase moshing in the audience. If you’re into newer metal like Asking Alexandria, this band is for you.
Epyon played an impressive instrumental set that reminded concertgoers of classic Metallica (think “Orion”) and Death Angel. They also announced that they had found a singer, though the band performed as an instrumental quartet.
The last local band to perform was power metal act NightSphere. They made an impressive stage entrance with dimmed lights and fog floating through the air.
Next were Swedish glam metallers Sister Sin. They played a nine-song setlist, which included tracks from all their albums. Four of the songs were from their latest record, “Now and Forever”. Liv Jagrell interacted energetically with the crowd, actually stepping off the stage to greet fans at one point. The audience was left clamoring for more after they finished.
Finally, at 11:20 p.m., headliners DORO took the stage. They played 20 songs, about half of which were from Pesch’s previous band, Warlock. Highlights from the set were “Hero,” which was written as a tribute to the late Ronnie James Dio, a cover of Judas Priest’s “Breaking The Law”, and the Warlock anthem “All We Are,” where the members from Sister Sin returned to the stage to sing along and engage with the crowd.
Saturday night was an unforgettable night for Tempe metalheads. The headliners more than delivered and great local talent was also showcased.
February 25, 2013 | Categories: Concerts, Glam Metal, Groove Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Metalcore, Music, Power Metal, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal | Tags: Doro, Doro Pesch, epyon, hands of a traitor, Liv Jagrell, metal, night sphere, phoenix, Ronnie James Dio, Sister Sin, unconscious minds, Warlock | 3 Comments
This Week in Metal: NAMM, Ozzfest Japan, Whitesnake and More
This week in metal was a hard one to cover due to the excitement surrounding NAMM. So here are the highlights of this week:
- Ozzfest Japan 2013 will take place in May and feature Black Sabbath. Other bands include: Slipknot, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators, Deftones, Tool, The Treatment, Dir En Grey and Steel Panther.
- Dave Mustaine revealed that Megadeth will embark on a short tour with Iron Maiden in Spain, Italy, and France. He said that Megadeth is nearly finished recording their fourteenth album, but did not reveal what record label they have signed with. Mustaine also gave some hints as to what bands will be on Gigantour 2013. He said they are “notorious bad boys”. Perhaps they will tour with Mötley Crüe once again?
- Dee Snider (Twisted Sister) was the subject of an all-star roast featuring Lita Ford, Zakk Wylde and Jim Norton.
- Ray Burton, father of deceased Metallica bassist Cliff Burton, signed autographs at the ARIA Guitars booth at NAMM.
- Drummer Tommy Aldridge rejoined Whitesnake.
- A preview of the new 3D Guns N’ Roses concert film is now available.
- L.A. Guns posted the first photo of their new lineup featuring guitarist Michael Grant (Endeverafter).
- A preview of the new Motörhead book “Roadkill” went online.
- Geoff Tate’s Queensryche revealed a new lineup.
- The Dillinger Escape Plan and Trapped Under Ice were added to New England Metal and Hardcore Fest.
- A Sepultura biography is due for release later this year.
- Roadrunner Records signed Kvelertak.
- Poison drummer Rikki Rockett will star in a new reality series called “American Drums”.
- Flotsam and Jetsam bassist Jason Ward will not be joining the band on their upcoming tour with Testament and Overkill due to family commitments.
- Drummer Lyle Cooper quits The Faceless.
- A rumored lineup of Mayhem Fest includes Rob Zombie, Amon Amarth, Deftones, and Children of Bodom. The official lineup will be released Mar.18.
Thus concludes TBOS’s “This Week In Metal”.
January 27, 2013 | Categories: Glam Metal, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Music, Music News, Speed Metal, Thrash Metal | Tags: American Drums, Amon Amarth, ARIA guitars, Black Sabbath, Children of Bodom, Cliff Burton, Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson, Dean guitars, Dee Snider, Deftones, Dillinger Escape Plan, Dir En Grey, Endeverafter, Flotsam and Jetsam, Geezer Butler, Geoff Tate, Gigantour, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Jason Ward, Jim Norton, Kvelertak, L.A. Guns, Lita Ford, Lyle Cooper, Mayhem Fest, Megadeth, Metallica, Michael Grant, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Myles Kennedy, NAMM, New England Metal and Hardcore Fest, Overkill, Ozzfest, Ozzfest Japan, Ozzy Osbourne, Poison, Queensryche, Rikki Rockett, Roadkill, Roadrunner Records, Rob Zombie, Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, Schecter Guitars, Sepultura, Slash, Slipknot, Steel Panther, Testament, The Conspirators, The Faceless, The Treatment, Tool, Trapped Under Ice, Twisted Sister, Whitesnake, Zakk Wylde | Leave a comment